For those of you that don't know or didn't hear, My mother got sick last summer about the time we came back from our family vacation and was in and out of the hospitals here for several months. She passed away after a 3 week stay in the hospital on January 3rd this year. We still miss her very much and are adjusting to life without Mom/Grandma. We have been so busy taking care of family stuff that the blog site took a very far back seat for awhile. I will try to keep it more updated as there is lots of news from the past year. For now though we will move forward instead of back....
Our family is preparing for a move to North Dakota here in the next few weeks. We have been renting a home here in Las Vegas for the past year, but the owners have decided to let it go back to the bank, so we decided to take this opportunity to move to a smaller town and out of the rat race we have called home for the past several years. The kids are really excited about this move and can't wait to go. It will be a major change for us from what we are used to, but I think it will be a good one. We are planning to move on May 10th of this year. My Dad has a house in North Dakota that we will stay in for a year or so until we find a place of our own. I will forward new contact information out as soon as we are ready to move. I'm sure our e-mail addresses will change as well, but we aren't sure about any of that yet. So we will keep you posted.
Ken's Mom is getting married too, right about the same time, so we are heading to San Francisco on the 2nd of May for this wonderful occasion to be there with her. We are very happy for her and Dennis and wish them the very best of luck!!
Anthony, Maddie and Julia are all doing very well. Growing as fast as they can and getting smarter every day! Anthony is in scouts and working very hard towards earning his Eagle Scout award. We are very proud of him. Maddie is a social butterfly and always seems to be doing something with one of her friends. She is getting excellent grades and is a big help to her mom and sister. Julia is getting ready to turn 3!! Holy Cow! We are having her 3rd birthday party this weekend, and boy is she excited about it. I will try to post some pictures after the event.
I think that about sums things up for now. I have included some recent pictures of the kids for everyone to see. Have a great week!
The family at the top of Timpanogos Caves in Utah - What a hike!
Our family in front of the Salt Lake City Temple in Utah
Grandpa Ken came into town a few weeks ago, so we got to spend some time with him.
Julia and Grandpa Ken
Anthony is really into trying to do tricks on his skateboard. He's getting there....
Maddie likes showing off her backbend for any willing audience!
More action shots of Anthony on a skateboard.
Julia hunting Easter eggs at our friends house.
Easter Sunday
All Ready for Church - Easter Sunday
Julia - looking very cute in her Easter dress
1 comment:
Hi Dawn! I'm glad you sent out your blog address; I've got a blog at fifitafamily.blogspot.com. I can't believe your family! Wow! You've got such grown kids!
It's really good to get updated on your family. I didn't even recognize your dad in those pics! I can't believe it's been that long since I've seen you all! Good luck on your move; that's going to be quite a change come winter time! :-)
Post a Comment